20091209

Back in the swing...

After a few weeks of downtime I decided last night to get back into it. And back into it I got. First up was my long awaited fork boot install. I thought they looked a bit long but hey, why not give it a try. Here's what I ended up with:



Not satisfied with this I took a good look, then grabbed the X-Acto and started cutting. After awhile, I came up with this:

 

Now that's what I was going for, and this afforded me the opportunity to break the Washington corrosion off the bolts and give them some Anti-Seize and a re-torque. You know, like any good anal retentive tech should. Better pics to come. Bad light + iPhone = Shite.

  

Then this morning I woke up with Rover on my mind so I did what must be done. I loaded all the carpet in the back and headed down to the car wash. Five bucks in quarters and 30 minutes later I had this:

  

Everything is drying nicely thanks to the wonderful Phoenix climate. If the wild hair is still in my ass tomorrow I think I'll finish the stereo install and start replacing carpet and back seats. Right now it feels too much like a van. That's fine as long as it is a van and has a cool mural on the side but murals don't look good on Rovers. After that it's buff and wax and pics to follow. 

I also want to mention a great little shop in Mesa called Eastside Performance. They're the friendliest, helpfulest, no bullshittenest shop in the Phoenix area and you should definitely give them your bidness. It's where I bought the drag bars and fork boots and where I'll buy most everything from now on. Their prices and service are beyond compare. It's worth the trip just to see what they have in the showroom. Can you say Brough Superior? Check 'em out. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's keep it civilized people.